taccgl™ Version 0.59
taccgl™ Version 0.58 09/15/2014
- The transformController Class was added that allows the user
to rotate and move an object or multiple objects as part of a scene with the mouse.
This is demonstrated using the torus example on the home page.
- A global/selected translation matrix (TM) was added that is useful for animating / transforming
a set of transitions/elements/3D objects selected using useTM.
- Some additional mathematical matrix operations were added. Most of the new and of the old not yet
documented matrix operations were documented, see Matrix.
- A taccgl_shadowFactor option was added to control darkness of the shadows, see Library Options
- Some bug fixes and some fixes to the documentation.
- A german version of the home page was published under www.taccgl.de.
taccgl™ Version 0.57 07/25/2014
Includes some important bug fixes, please update.
taccgl™ Version 0.56 New Features 06/19/2014
- Now the development of mobile and responsive sites is explicitely supported and
a beta, mobile version of the taccgl™ home page
demonstrates this. Read more about development of Responsive and Mobile Layouts.
Also the taccgl™ tutorial and most of the documentation pages now have a
- The library now also works locally on file:/ / urls (see Installing the Library)
and can so be tested without the need of a web server (local or remote).
- The library now supports retina displays and can handle values of devicePixelRatio other than 1.
- Newly documented methods NQCanvas, NQCanvas, LQCanvas and LQCanvas.
taccgl™ Version 0.55 New Features 05/20/2014
- Modified semantics of actor, cont, and visAtEnd as detailed below
to simplify running animations in parallel to other animations.
Modified taccgl.org homepage, to permanently display (and animate) 3D objects and shadows using taccgl™ and
WebGL™. Mouseovers and examples now run in parallel to these animations. See also Animations and Transitions.
- Various additional methods:
setEndStyle, hideAtBegin, opacityAtBegin, taccgl3DObject.opacity3D,
- Slightly modified visibility semantics of actor.
Animated HTML elements become visible after the animation step (and used to become visible
after the complete animation in version 0.54 and before).
cont now makes sure that animated HTML elements created
with actor or using visAtEnd become visible after the continuing animation step.
See also Animations and Transitions.
- Improved timing detection and quality swtiching. taccgl™ now more precisely measures/estimates the frame rate
and selects a quality level based on the result.
- Methods like foreground, visatend, opacityatend formerly
were required to be called after duration, absStartTime and starttime.
Now they can be called in any order.
- taccglMTLFile.ambientAdjust(0.6,0.6) is automatically called
for material files produced with Blender and so there is no longer a
need to call it explicitely.
- w and h parameters of mapRelative can now be optional.
- taccglMTLFile.ambientAdjust has second parameter.
- the following methods have been renamed to follow the correct camelCase convention
visAtEnd, opacityAtEnd, showBefore, showAfter, and
startTime. The old names visatend, opacityatend etc. are still
supported for the time being but should no longer be used and are considered depricated.
- Bug fixes in stop, lightAmbDiff (for multiface), opacityAtBegin
- Revised debugging output
taccgl™ Version 0.54 11/14/2013
supports WebGL™ in Internet Explorer starting with IE 11.
Also fixes a bug that made previous taccgl™
versions stop working with WebGL™ on Chrome version 31.
taccgl™ Version 0.53 10/29/2013 New Features
- Display of shadows casted from 3D Objects on each other,
from 3D Objects on HTML elements, and from HTML elements on each other and on 3D objects.
See Shadows, Light and Shadow
- Drawing of HTML elements with shadows thereon and drawing of shadows for being blended
on top of HTML elements, see Shadow Only
- Shadow control methods shadowOnly and castShadow
- Methods for adjusting HTML elements in 3D space, posZ, resizeZ
- LightSource Class with LightSource.setPos method
- Improved taccgl.org homepage with examples using shadows
- Various Bug Fixes
taccgl™ Version 0.52 8/27/2013 New Features
- Updating of running animations: start can update animation steps while running
begin no longer clears pending animation steps, but
starts new steps running simultaneously. Animations can now be
stopped with stop (taccgl Class) and animation steps
with stop (taccglAnim Class).
- Extended Mapping and Painting: allows you to paint elements on user defined
coordinates (to animate long scrollable pages) and to paint enlarged elements
to avoid quality degradation on resizing, see paint (see Note), mapScale.
- Dynamic Resize of Vertex Buffers (in case the allocated size is too small)
- Controller Class for processing of mouse events,
new methods: useController, blockingController, forwardingController
opacity, opacityatend, opacityFinal, instMouseOverFilter,
- Revised Home Page Layout and Revised Examples on Homepage, showing simultanous animations and stopping of animations
- Various Bug Fixes
taccgl™ Ver. 0.51 7/30/2013 New Features
taccgl™ Ver 0.5, 05/21/2013 New Features
- Automatic shader generation and Custom Shaders.
Custom Shaders allow users to extend the built-in shaders and so to create
a great variety of animations. See taccglShaderConfig Class,
ssc, sc and ShaderGeneration
- Improved Lighting with various configuration options, see defaultLighting,, Lighting Parameters
- Automatic handling of scroll and resize events to adjust a running animation, see setHandlers
- Various additional methods: mSingle, defaultEye, adjustEye,
- Various bug fixes
- New and improved examples
- ZIP file now contains compressed version of the library.
The current compressed library has about 119KB while the
uncompressed version has about 174KB and about 4700 lines.
Note that usually in addition the web server zips the
file before transmission needing still significantly less
bytes to transmit.
taccgl™ Version 0.4
Initial public beta version.
WebGL™ is a trademark of the Khronos Group Inc.