- The current version of the library is in beta test and probably contains bugs.
It is not implemented completely and will probably not run
on all browsers and client computers.
- The current version of the library has only been tested on a limited set
of browsers (including Firefox and Chrome), computers, GPUs, drivers, and operating systems.
It is very possible that there are bugs on certain platforms, there may
be error messages, animations may run slowly, or even overwhelm a slow computer,
which could result in slow response time or even a crash.
- The library monitors the performance of a running animation in
an effort to adapt to the capabilities of the client. It might disable
shadows, reduce the size of the drawing canvas, or even completely disable
animations, in an effort to minimize showing slow, choppy or jumpy animations, or to even overload the client.
The idea is to keep the underlying HTML pages operational, if necessary without the taccGL ™ animations.
- Since the size of the two texture canvases is limited (per
default two times 1200*1424 pixels) the maximal size of an
element and the total size of all animated elements is limited.
If no texture space can be allocated the missing texture appears in orange.
The texture size can be increased, see Library Options.
However the bigger the size, the slower the animation
starts up and the more texture memory of the graphics card is
needed. Also on devices with HiDPI displays, taccgl
tries to store textures in high resolution. However, if the selected
canvas size in high resolution would exceeed the maximal texture size
of the device, texture resulution is reduced.
- taccgl™ implements rendering of HTML-elements partially itself. This implementation
is incomplete and various HTML elements and CSS attributes are not supported,
e.g. form elements. Also the rendering function in taccgl™ is different than
the one in the browser and so HTML elements drawn/animated with taccgl™ might look differently
- taccgl™ normally tries to run animations so that they fill the complete
browser window. If the window is scrolled or resized during animation,
only part of the animation is visible. Also if the animation appears
to run slowly, taccgl™ reduces the size of the drawing canvas, which plays
the animation only in a rectangular part of the window.
- 3D-canvas drawing only works on certain browsers and certain graphics cards with recent drivers.
In older versions of Safari canvas 3D needs to be enabled.
If canvas 3D is not available 2D-canvas drawing is used which has more restrictions see 2D Canvas Context.
WebGL™ is a trademark of the Khronos Group Inc.